Sunday, March 31, 2019

Have Patience

At this time, there are two young women in my life who are expecting babies.  My daughter Lydia is looking forward to the birth of her first child in April.  Christina's one-time foster daughter Bri is due any time now.  As we eagerly await the birth of these two little ones, it's easy to get impatient.  Maybe you can identify, because you've been waiting for something good to be "birthed" in your life as well.

This morning, for no reason at all, Christina started to sing this song that she remembered from her childhood:



Then, as I sat down to have my quiet time, the assigned scriptures in my devotion were:


Hebrews 6:13-15For example, there was God’s promise to Abraham. Since there was no one greater to swear by, God took an oath in his own name, saying:
“I will certainly bless you,    and I will multiply your descendants beyond number.”
Then Abraham waited patiently, and he received what God had promised.


Psalm 27:14Wait patiently for the Lord.    Be brave and courageous.    Yes, wait patiently for the Lord.


Hmmm...with all these things hitting at once, maybe God is trying to tell me something.  Do you have trouble with patience, like I do?  Has God been bombarding you with a message, through life events, through scripture, through music?  Maybe if we take time to wait patiently, we'll hear what God has to say.

Comment below if you'd like to share how God has been speaking to you.

No comments: